Nine Njiwa SACCO employees have been arrested by Kenya police following the disappearance of Ksh. 160 million.
The 9 are employees of a savings and credit SACCO society belonging to staff of the National Intelligence Service (NIS). They are said to have been rounded up following comprehensive joint investigations conducted by detectives and officials from the spy agency.
The 9 include
- Senior SACCO officials Amos Kipchumba, who was the internal auditor,
- The loans manager Violet Wali,
- The accountant Caren Langat,
- System analysts Hamisi Zaunga and Miriam Nthenya,
- Teller identified as Nicodemus Osiemo,
- Eric Rono from Sure-step Systems,
- Moses Ntoinya, an NIS officer,
- Tony Wabomba who is a former employee of the SACCO society.
The 9 who have since been dismissed from the SACCO face nine counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, stealing by servant, false accounting by servant, negligence, computer fraud, forgery, uttering a false document, access with intent to commit an offence among other charges.AdvertisementDCI posts on X
They will be arraigned in court on Monday, September 25, 2023, to answer their crimes.