What is a Skiza tune
The SKIZA Tunes service is a personalized ring back tone service whereby you can download or record a SKIZA tune or message at the fee stipulatedby Safaricom. The selected SKIZA tune can be:
1. played to and heard by your callers (both Safaricom subscribers and callers on other networks like airtel) It rings from the time when the connection to your line is made until when you pick up or disconnect the call or until your caller is directed to your voice mail.
This can just help to entertain the caller as he or she waits for the call to be picked.
2. It can also be played to and heard by you when you place a call to both Safaricom subscribers and callers on other local and international networks from the time when you dial until when your call is picked up or disconnected.
Publishing of the codes
Safaricom will from time to time publish a catalogue of all the tunes existing in the SKIZA Tunes system with the song code, artist and SKIZA Tune name on its website and the local press.
How to Request for the SKIZA Tunes Service
You have to Browse through the catalogue and select the SKIZA tune or SKIZA tunes you would like to purchase. Take note of the SKIZA tune code and then request for the SKIZA tune using one of the following methods:
- USSD – Dialling *811# and following the prompts; or
- Interactive Voice Response – Dial 811 and follow the voice prompts; or
- SMS – Send an SMS with the keyword ‘SKIZA’ and the code of the SKIZA tune that you would like to purchase to 811 e.g. SKIZA 5000001; or
- The internet (including WAP). Log on to the following website
How to join Skiza Tune as a Musician.