The family of the late Ken Okoth has announced that the Kibra MP will be cremated at a private function.
Speaking to the press at a Nairobi hotel, former Prime Minister Raila Odinga indicated that the body will be transported to Kasipul Kabondo constituency on Saturday.
A funeral service will be held at Rateng’ Secondary School at 10am after which the family will be allowed to perform the final rights.
“Ken will be given to the family to do the rest…just like we did with Kenneth Matiba…so the family will do the rest,” said Raila.
The 41-year-old Okoth died at the Nairobi Hospital after battling with Stage 4 colorectal cancer.
“I was diagnosed with stage four colorectal cancer with metastases to the liver,” he told the Sunday Standard during a past interview.
He sought treatment in France and resided in Paris for about five months.
“I could not afford the US because it was too expensive. My wife is from Europe, where the cost is more affordable and I could get a residence permit quickly for the duration of the treatment. Sadly, not everyone is as lucky; we need to make cancer care in Kenya a national priority,” he said during a past interview.
Upon his return to Nairobi earlier this month, Okoth made his final public appearance at the annual Kibra Music Festival.
His condition deteriorated on Friday last week and he was admitted to the ICU.
His family revealed that they obliged to his earlier request that the life support machines be switched off.
He is survived by his wife Monica.
- Sultana 7th February 2023 Full Episode part 1 and 2 Written Updates
- Kenyan Prince reconciles with his girlfriend Princess Kerubo after short break-up
- Grisly Lodwar-Kakuma Highway Accident claim 14 Lives, 12 badly injured
- Babu Owino, We are Not Kids, Uhuru Should Resign as a Peace Envoy and Join Azimio Demos
- Wake up Call by Grauchi #101 – 2023 Afrobeats, Kenyan, Bongo and Dancehall