The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has announced to the public that the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Regular), General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Graduate degree holders), Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Defence Forces Constables, is scheduled to take place in the month of November 2021.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- General Conditions
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally; four (4) copies of National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Be within the following age brackets:
- Between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
- Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test.
- Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants.
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Minimum Height:
- Men 60m (5ft 3in).
- Women 52m (5ft).
- Minimum Weight:
- Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb)..
- Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb)..
- Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30.
Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years practising experience in their field of specialisation from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
- Minimum Academic Qualifications
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one (1) Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
- Specialist Officers. Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet in Para 3.b.(1) above except for Chaplains/Imams who must hold a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) in KCSE. Must be a degree holder from a recognized University/Institution and be registered with a regulatory/statutory body where applicable in any of the disciplines listed at Para 4.c. The training period for Specialist Officers will be six (6) months.
- Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below:
- Diploma. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
- Certificate. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant Certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
- National Youth Service (NYS) trained Technicians or Artisans who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Archivist. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Management & Archiving or Records Management and Archiving or Library and Information Science.
- Chaplaincy. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Theology/Islamic studies from a recognized institution. Roman Catholic and Protestant Chaplains must be ordained Ministers and recommended by Episcopal Conference and Archbishop respectively. Imams must be recommended by the Chief Kadhi.
- Dock Master. Must hold a BSc in Nautical Science.
- Education Officer. Must hold a Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, English/Literature, Philosophy, Social Science, Research.
- Engineers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in: Aeronautical, Aerospace, Astronautics & Space, Space Science & Technology, Naval Architecture, Civil/Structural, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, or MSc/BSc in: Instrumentation & Control, Marine and Survey and Telecommunications.
- Environmental Science. Must hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies or any other related field.
- Finance/Business Management. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in: Public Finance and/or, Procurement.
- Food Science & Technology. Must hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Food Science & Technology.
- Information and Communications Technology. Must hold a MSc/BSc in Computer Science/IT/Computer Engineering (System Admin, Software Developer/Programmers, Web Design, Networking/Fibre Optics, System Audit/Analyst, Information Management/Statistics, Computer Security & Forensics, Information Security & Forensics).
- Mass and Communication. Must hold a Masters/Bachelors degree in: Mass Communications, Multi Media, Broadcast Production, Digital Media and Film Production (TV/Radio Production).
- Legal. Must hold a Bachelor’s of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized University, be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current and valid Practicing Certificate. Certified Public Secretary (CPS) will be an additional advantage.
- Library. Must hold a MSc or BSc in Library Studies & Information Science.
- Medical. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in: Microbiology/Analytical Chemistry, Science Laboratory, Dentist, Medicine and Surgery, Medical Laboratory, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Engineering, Nutrition & Dietetics, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Counselling/Counselling Psychology, Public/Environmental Health, Radiology & Imaging, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- Medical Consultations: Master’s degree in: Surgery, Orthopaedic, Anaesthesia, Internal Medicine, Obstetrician/Gynaecologist.
- Music. Must hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Music or BEd Music.
Tradesmen/Women (Diploma Holders)
- Agribusiness. Must hold a Diploma in Veterinary, Animal Health (With Certificate in Meat Inspection or Diploma in Health & Meat Technician), Animal Production, Agriculture, Agronomy or Aqua farming.
- Archivist. Must hold a Diploma in Archives and Records Management, Information Management & Archiving or Records Management and Archiving or Library and Information Science.
- Band/Music. Must hold a Diploma in Music.
- Catechists/Maalims. Must hold a Diploma in: Catechetical Studies, Religious Studies in Catechists & Pastoral Ministry, Islamic Studies/Sharia.
- Catering/Hospitality. Must hold a Diploma in: Food Production, Catering & Hotel/Hospitality Management.
- Curator. Must hold a Diploma in History, Archaeology or Museums Studies.
- Education: Must hold a diploma in Education.
- Engineering. Must hold a diploma in: Civil, Electrical & Instrument, Refrigeration & Air Con, Automotive (Vehicle Technician/Electrician), Mechanical (Plant/Crane Operator/Boiler), Aeronautical (Airframes & Engines), Electrical & Electronics, Radar/Radio/Telecommunication/Power), Survey/QS Assistant, Geospatial, Meteorology, Chemical Engineering, Construction Technology, Water Engineering, Environmental Science and Textile Engineering.
- Finance/Business Management. Must hold a Diploma in: Business Management/Credit Recovery, Entrepreneur, Finance, Insurance, Public Relations, Procurement and Executive/Office Assistant.
- Food Production & Technology. Must hold a Diploma in Food Production/Science & Technology
- Information and Communications Technology. Must hold a Diploma in: Computer Science/IT/Computer Engineering (System Admin, Software Developer/Programmers, Web Design, Networking/Fibre Optics, System Audit/Analyst, Information Management/Statistics, Computer Security & Forensics, Information Security & Forensics).
- Mass Communication. Must hold a diploma in: Journalism, Graphic Design (2D Production & Print), 3D Animation, Studio Management, Sound Engineering (Media Option), Floor Management, Lighting Technician, TV Production, Video Mixer, Videography and Photography.
- Library. Must hold a Diploma in Library Studies & Information Science.
- Medical. Must hold a Diploma in: Clinical Medicine (RCO), Kenya Registered Clinical Health Nurse (KRCHN), KRCHN with HND, Medical Laboratory Technology, Occupational Therapy, Laundry Technician, Social Workers, Mortician, Speech Therapy, Pharmacy, Medical Records, Public Health, Counselling/Psychology, Anaesthetist, Micro Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Bio Med, Community Oral Health, Radiology & Imaging, Medical Engineering, Physiotherapy, Dental Technology, Nutritionist and, Orthopaedic.
- Para Legal. Must hold a Diploma in Legal Studies and have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
- Records Management. Must hold a Diploma in Records Management.
Artisans (Certificate Holders)
- Automotive Electrician. Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Automotive Electrician.
- Band/Music. Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Music.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Carpentry.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Catering & Accommodation.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Masonry.
- Plant/Crane Operator. Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Plant Operations.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Plumbing/Pipe fitting.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Tailoring.
- Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Painting.
- Vehicle Mechanics. Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics.
- Welder/Fabricators/Fitters General. Must hold a Craft/Certificate in Welding/Fabricators technology.
TAMBUA AFRICA NEWS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Thank you Visiting www.tambua.africa.
We are pleased that you value us much. Tambua Africa is always on the front run to keep you updated on anything that happens around the globe. Our slogan still stands "Fetching news into The African Continent while taking Africa's to the Globe."
We also have special thanks to our administrator Mr Amos Wanjala for giving us opportunity to reach out to the World.
He is an Administrator from Kenya who is the pillar and pioneer TAMBUA AFRICA. He has been using the platform to promote African/ Kenyan content too from rising talents.
"I started this blog because I Love Africa, It is my home. No matter where I travel in the world, I feel most calm and at peace when I enter the African Atmosphere. I always drawn in tears of joy as I fly above AFRICA. I believe that Africa is the future. I know that with strong, honest leadership and stable governments, Africa can be grand" Mr Amos Wanjala says.
We never make profit but we profit the less profited In Africa.
TAMBUA AFRICA NEWS would love your feedback. Post a review to our profile. https://g.page/r/CdZMye-m1FTVEBI/review?np
Get Paid for your quality content.