How do I request a verified badge on Facebook?The verified badge appears next to a Facebook Page or account’s name in search and on the profile. This means Facebook has confirmed that the account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or global brand it represents.
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge?
They look at a number of factors when evaluating Facebook accounts to determine if they’re in the public interest and meet their verification criteria. In addition to following Facebook’s terms of service, your account also needs to be:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. They don’t verify general interest accounts (example: Puppy Memes).
- Complete: Your account must be active and have an about section, profile photo and at least one post.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, often searched person, brand or entity. They review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and they don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, facebook will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
If your account doesn’t meet the criteria for a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know it’s authentic. For example, you can link to it from an official website, Instagram profile or Twitter account.
How do I request a verified badge?
You can submit a request by filling out a contact form.If your account represents a person, you’ll need a copy of your official government-issued photo identification (example: passport, driver’s license, national identification card) to validate your request.
If your account represents an organization, you’ll need a copy of a phone or utility bill, a certificate of formation, articles of incorporation, or tax exemption documents.
Please also include a few sentences explaining why the account should receive the verified badge, and relevant URLs that help illustrate the account’s notability.
You’ll receive a notification once they review your request.
Note : Don’t submit more than one request for your account.
For denied requests, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Can I buy a verified badge?
You are encouraged Never to engage with anyone offering to sell you a verified badge.
“We don’t sell verified badges, and any accounts found doing so will have their badges removed.We also reserve the right to remove the verified badge from accounts at our discretion.” FACEBOOK SAYS.
Verified badge requirements for law enforcement, city governments, politicians and elected officials. There are some additional requirements for verified Pages for law enforcement agencies, city governments, politicians, and elected officials.Law enforcement:
- Everyone who manages the Page must turn on two-factor authentication for their profiles.
- The Page name must include the word “Government” to avoid confusion with a physical location.
- The Page name can include a government title or abbreviation, such as senator, representative, MP, mayor, etc.
- The Page name can’t include “for Parliament,” “for [your Country],” etc.
- The Page category must be set to Politician.
- The Page name must include a government title or abbreviation, such as senator, representative, MP, mayor, etc.
- The Page category must be set to Government Official.
- The Page’s About section must clearly state that it’s a government Page.