Police Spokesman Charles Owino yesterday denied media reports that he accused ODM of blocking his appointment as Inspector General of Police because of his closeness to Ugenya MP David Ochieng’.
Owino said ODM could not have denied him the job because it is not the appointing authority.
While acknowledging that Ochieng’, who vied on Movement for Democracy and Growth ticket in the April by-election, is his friend, Owino denied campaigning for him.
He said former MP Chris Karan, who was the ODM candidate in the by-election, had warned him that supporting Ochieng’ would cost him dearly.
“It is true Ochieng’ is a close friend. It is also true that Karan said I would never ascend in government because I was supporting Ochieng’. I never said ODM is against me,” Owino said.
Owino said ODM leader Raila Odinga has no problem with him. SOURCE
- Details of how Raphael Tuju got involved in an accident
- Mzee Danie Toroitich Arap Moi’s Eulogy
- Mzee Daniel Arap Moi’s Burial
- RIP MZEE DANIEL TOROITICH ARAP MOI
- Daniel arap Moi donned a different suits for three days